- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine the blueberries, sugar, orange juice, and cinnamon in a medium-size saucepan. Warm the mixture over moderate heat, stirring it occasionally.
- Slowly sprinkle in the flour as you stir being careful not to leave any lumps.
- Increase the heat and bring to a boil. Cook the sauce at a low boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the lemon juice. Cool the sauce for 5 to 10 minutes before serving (it will thicken as it cools). Makes about 2 cups.
–Recipe by Stacey S. to accompany her Basic Cheesecake with a Gingersnap Crust
2 Comments Add yours
This would be so good on so many things, pancakes, pancakes, pancakes. Sorry, my mind went one track there.